Tuesday, November 29, 2011

MIA Blogger

Wow, I'm not a very good blogger lately. I would love to say that life has gotten in the way and I have been so busy, but for the most part that isn't the case.

This past weekend we had hubby's grandpa's memorial. As far as sad events go, it was as good as it could be. Hubby's uncle lead the memorial. It was perfect for grandpa. He was a scientist and very intelligent. He would have likely told us not to have one at all, but I think in the end he would have approved. The family and friends took turns telling stories. Many detailed his fierce intelligence and many others made us all laugh through our tears.

Our little munchkin had a fairly staring role. Some of the family knew that grandpa had developed the nutrient medium that was used in the first successful IVF (and many later IVFs), but some did not. Several relatives mentioned that we have a legacy with Fin. While technically, the medium grandpa developed was not used in our IVF, the medium that was used was derived from his medium.

Aside from that (and the brutal 7 hour drive to get to Colorado which I do not recommend you making if you are pregnant), not much has happened. Hubby finally finished his big project and now we are just waiting to hear about funding to keep him at this job. Fingers crossed, we should find out soon!

My sister-in-law brought me a huge tub of hand-me-downs from her and my other sister-in-law for Fin. He now has a decent amount of clothes. I can't wait to get some hangers and hang it all in his closet.

Well, thats all I have for the moment. I'll try not to be such a slacker in the near future :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that everything is still going well! As a fellow IVF-er, your hubby's grandfather has played a huge role in my becoming a mom too...such a major achievement, and one that I know many of us are grateful for. I'm very sorry for your loss, but it must be comforting to know that his legacy will live on in so many families around the world.

    ReplyDelete