Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thank Goodness for Weekends!!!

Wow, pregnancy is catching up with me all of a sudden! This week kicked my butt. I work at a bank. I'm a teller and account service rep. In other words, I open/close accounts, deal with IRAs, do deposits & withdrawals. All the basics of the people at the counter and the desks. We are a small branch so we all do everything. Its not very  strenuous. I have a chair to sit in as much as I want. The hardest part is that I have to get up and down a lot. I have to run to the printer for nearly every customer. Some days that's once or twice an hour, some days that's every couple of minutes.

The sciatic nerve pain makes getting up hard. Once I move around its not bad, but if I stay on my feet for long then it starts hurting again. Plus my feet swell. I have serious cankles after working all day.

I'm not sure why this is so hard. I feel like I should be able to handle this easily, but by the time that I got home last night, I was wrecked. My back hurt. My feet were killing me. My belly felt like it weighed a ton. I couldn't get comfy on the couch. A hot shower didn't even help. Luckily sleeping for 11 hours did. Well 11 hours minus 5 bathroom trips.

Now I'm couching it. And I plan to couch it most of the weekend. Next week should be a bit easier since we have a holiday on Monday and I have a doc appointment on Friday so I will only work half the day. But hubby will be in TX Wednesday & Thursday so that will make it harder. I will have to walk and feel the animals. Not the hardest thing in the world, I will also have to cook dinner and such when I get off work. Hubby has me very spoiled!! He is great!

Well now I'll quit complaining and go watch some TV.

1 comment:

  1. The last trimester of pregnancy is HARD. It is a joyous and happy thing, especially after what we do to get there, but it is physically draining. Don't feel you have to suck it up or anything. Rest when you can, complain if you want, and just remember that you're growing another person (your body is going through a lot!) and remember that it won't be much longer now :) I bet it feels like forever, but you're getting so close.

    ReplyDelete