Monday, October 31, 2011

9 Days

Only 9 days til we find out if I'm carrying a boy or a girl. For most of the pregnancy I thought it was a boy, but the other day I had one of those freaky pregnancy dreams that made me wonder. If I'm honest with myself, I'm hoping for a girl. Don't get me wrong, healthy baby is the only thing I'm really asking for, but come on. When I think about a baby shower, I picture cute little dresses and bows. Hubby thinks its a boy. Most of the others around us are thinking girl.

I was confident until that dream. Now I have no clue. I know its 50/50, but its such a big deal. I am so impressed by the people who wait til birth. No way could I do that! If I could have found out the day of transfer, I would have! I can't wait to start planning stuff. The baby's room will be mostly the same either way with just some variations of color, but I feel like I can't start anything til I know.

Not that much will happen for a month or so after we find out. We are going on a trip in November to visit some friends and see my cousin's first baby. Then we will likely have hubby's grandpa's memorial sometime in November as well. Then Thanksgiving. So who knows? I may find out and buy one outfit then do nothing else til after Christmas, but at least I'll know!

3 comments:

  1. Hope time passes quickly until your scan, and that things look good.

    I kept having dreams that mine was a girl, but I very much felt that it was a boy... so intuition/dreams, well no matter what I'd say you have a 50/50 shot at either one ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! We're definitely finding out too. My SIL is waiting, and before getting pregnant, I thought I might wait as well. However, knowing how impatient I am to learn the gender of *her* baby makes me think I won't be able to hold off on learning the genders of mine! I can't wait for your results =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait!!!!!! So excited to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete