Monday, April 11, 2011

Today's Ultrasound

So basically we know nothing from today's ultrasound. I am very unhappy with this. It seems like every time I go to the freakin RE we get more questions instead of answers!

The biggest follie on my left ovary is 9mm and 8mm on the right with lots of smaller on each. I'm at CD 12 so I should be ovulating within the next 5 days. With these follies thats doubtful.

So tomorrow the nurse will call me with my lab results (progesterone & estrodiol). As long as they don't show that I ovulated (ha, thats funny) I get to start a higher dose of Letrozole. Woo hoo. More weepiness and moodiness. Yay. (Insert sarcasm here) Then I go back on Friday for another ultrasound.

So now I'm gonna sit here and drink some wine and cry a bit. It could be worse, but it could be better.

3 comments:

  1. Well and 8 and a 9 are some progress... hmmm. I tended to Ov later on Femara, like closer to CD17-19. Sometimes I had to take more pills mid-cycle when I failed to respond at all. But a lot of women seem to Ov later on Femara, so you could just have a slow start, but if not hopefully the higher dose will get things going. Sorry the news wasn't as expected :( I have had so many appointments just like that, where I wasn't responding and just felt defeated. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. Its so great to know that someone else has been here and made it out the other side. At this point any definitive answer would be nice, but I know in the long run its better to wait and have a less invasive treatment possibly work than to skip ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things aren't going the way you want. Enjoy that wine at least. I hope you get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete