Thursday, July 7, 2011

IVF Baseline

Well, all is quiet in my ovaries. So we are good to start shots on Saturday. I am so excited and terrified all at the same time. After the ultrasound, we met with one of the nurses. She went over all of our consents and our medication dosages. Man, the idea of having to mix the meds is a bit scary! What if we do it wrong?

The night before the ultrasound, we watched our injection class video. It was actually a really good set of instructions. At first I was bummed that the class was on dvd, but now I'm glad because I can rewatch it on Saturday when we do our first shots.

After watching the video with the instructions, I immediatly went to YouTube and watched several people do their trigger shots and PIO shots. I'm not worried about the subcutanious shots, its the intramuscular ones that freak me and the hubby out! It seems like most people don't think it hurts too much. So good news there.

I probably should have watched the video earlier in the evening though. Around 5 am I woke up to the smell of smoke so I closed the windows (the wind had changed and the house was starting to smell smokey). I woke up from a terrible dream about injections. In the dream I was having to get shots in terrible places. I was initally annoyed about having to wake up to close the windows, but thank goodness for the smoke. That was a creepy dream!

So to sum it all up, I start shots on Saturday. I go back for another ultrasound next Tuesday, then no ultrasound Wednesday then start daily ultrasounds until the day of my trigger. So there we are. I'm nervous and happy and terrified and thinking about the worst case scenerios. We spent the 2 hour drive home from the RE talking about what we would do if we get no good embryos. What if my eggs are bad. What if...

Too many what ifs...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I mixed my own injections when we were doing IUI's and at first I was really nervous about messing up, but it's pretty easy. I used to make my hubby do it until he went out of town and then I did it all by myself and I think the nerves were worse then the actual injection. I never had to do the intramuscular ones though. Those I think you need a second person for, for sure. Good luck to you, my fingers are crossed that all goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lissie, so happy to hear everything is going well! I was checking your blog yesterday to see how you were doing. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Ugh sorry about your dream. I've been having crazy ones too! Wishing you lots of luck and hope the needlesare done before you know it! :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you get to start yours shots! The IM ones are scary, yes, but they don't hurt too bad. I had my husband do mine though because there's no way I could do them myself! The SC ones weren't a big deal at all :) And mixing the meds and all that is intimidating at first, but it's easy peasy and you get used to it pretty fast ;) I think you'll do just fine. Lots of positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete