Thursday, March 17, 2011

Helpful Friends

I am very thankful for some wonderful friends who visited us this week. The lovely H&G came all the way from Texas (I know its a neighboring state, but if you know TX & NM you know that can be a 2 day drive). It allowed me to have a few days where I didn't have to think about IF or any of the stuff that goes along with it. Now that they are back in TX, I started my Provera to get ready for my upcoming cycle with Letrozole (aka Femara).

As usual with Provera, I can barely keep my eyes open and my stomach has decided to rebel against my body. Glad its only for 5 days! I am hoping that Letrozole will have less side effects for me than Clomid. I have discovered that if a side effect is listed, I will likely get it. My RE says that Letrozole has less side effects than Clomid. Clomid messed up my stomach and made my terribly moody and weepy. I even burst into tears trying to pick out an outfit to go to a hockey game. A t-shirt would work, but with the Clomid in my system, I just couldn't handle it.

I am used to the stomach issues, since Metformin has been messing with my stomach for years. Its not as bad as it used to be now that they have the extended release pills.

My RE wants me to come back on CD 12 no matter what, just to see if the Letrozole is having any effect. Since Clomid didn't, we aren't sure if Letrozole will.  If not, we may have to jump straight to IVF. I'm really hopeful that we don't have to do that. But while I'm thinking about it, I am going to make a chart with the costs of treatments so far. I think having a better idea of the costs going in would have been super helpful. So I'm off to make a chart!

No comments:

Post a Comment