Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lissie's Luck

I chose the name of my blog because I have found that my luck is an interesting thing.  Something wonderful will happen, but it will have frustrating consequences. This has repeatedly been the case with my fertility issues. No CMT, well boom - no ovulation either. I know that it is a crazy thought, but I can't help but think that if I had CMT we would have done IVF over a year ago and maybe I would have a baby by now.

I am not so delusional as to think that CMT with a baby would be better than no CMT with no baby. But its really hard to get past the no baby part.

We have been trying on our own for over a year. Hoping that diet & exercise along with the Metformin would help my cycles (or lack there of).

So December 2010 found us back at the RE's office. After an ultrasound (not the cute kind that has a little wand on your tummy, its a bigger wand and its a bit more invasive if you get my drift) the doc said that Clomid would help me to ovulate. We decided to start the Clomid cycle in January (we had a cruise planned and I wanted to be able to eat & drink lots on the cruise :).

January arrived and we started the wonderful (insert sarcasm here) process of trying to ovulate. This began with me taking Provera (aka Progesterone) for 5 days to try to kick start my body into having a period. I have discovered that I should read the possible side-effects listed very carefully for all meds I take because I will likely get most of them. And that is exactly what happened. I was moody and weepy and had a really messed up stomach and nearly constant heartburn. What a fun 5 days. Then when that stopped that, I got the lovely PMS stuff and before that was even over, I got to start the Clomid. Let me tell you, Clomid is NASTY!!! It kept the upset stomach going the whole time plus it added more moodiness. I just felt crummy. I keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. It helps for a bit.

So after the Clomid, I got to use Ovulation Predictor Kits (pee sticks, like a preggo test) to see when I was about to ovulate. I was to use these from cycle day 12-16 (cycle days start on day one of period). By CD 16 I had nothing. So back to the doc we go. I didn't respond to the Clomid. So they doubled the dose and I try again. Go back to the doc and still no big follicles (that's where the egg is).

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment